February 16, 2019

Defective Products

A potential products liability claim occurs when a defective or dangerous product (a consumer product, automobile, industrial machinery, etc.) causes a serious traumatic brain injury (TBI).

You may be able to sue an equipment manufacturer or a product manufacturer if you are injured while using a product that malfunctions,
is unsafely designed, or is unsafe because the manufacturer failed to
give proper instructions or warnings for using the product.  If you can
show that a product defect existed when the product left the manufacturer, then you are entitled to compensation for injuries caused
by the defective product.

Many times, TBI victims blame themselves for their injuries.  “I should have known better than to do that.”  But an incident that causes a traumatic brain injury is often not the fault of the victim.  The manufacturers of consumer and industrial equipment know that people are required to use these products in real world conditions.  People make mistakes, and when they make them around defective products, people get seriously injured.

Manufacturers are well aware of the risks of injury and the
injury statistics of defective products.  Manufacturers know that people will be permanently
injured if safety devices are not provided.  The National Safety Council
estimates that between 10 and 15 percent of all industrial accidents are caused by improperly designed equipment.  It is not a secret that some equipment manufacturers are more concerned with profits than they are with safety.

The law requires that safety is designed into production systems so that consumers will not be exposed to serious and permanent injuries from defective products.

View answers to these TBI legal questions:

Funding Resources Homepage
Legal Questions: Who Pays For Long Term Care?
Legal Questions: Health and Accident Insurance
Legal Questions: Workers Compensation
Legal Questions: Auto Insurance
Legal Questions: Defective Products
Legal Questions: Slip and Falls
Legal Questions: Government
Legal Questions: Guardianship
Contact An Attorney